Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Merchandise Selection Supervisor
Requisition Number 2003548
Job Category Warehouse
Address 2300 E Newlands Drive
Zip code 89408
Remote Territory Location
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervises department workflow to ensure optimum service levels are maintained.
* Monitors service levels to ensure delivery trucks depart on time and as scheduled.
* Documents attendance, submits payroll information and conducts reviews for large associate base.* Attends meetings to discuss quality of work-level and improvement opportunities.
* Checks equipment to ensure it is in good working condition for the next shift.
* Evaluates spend-a-day candidates on departmental procedures and monitors their progress.
* Realigns work to other zones in order to ensure service level is maintained.
* Operates basic and advanced warehouse vehicles.
* Conducts meetings to foster communication and discuss improvement opportunities.
* Performs all duties inherent in the role of MSC supervisor as defined in the MSC code of conduct including hiring, termination, review and development of
* Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
* Delegates to/through work team coach to ensure smooth processes flow.
* Promotes safe work practices.
* Pick items from bins.
* Creates and updates reports via data entry for department use.
* Counts items.
* Ensures all supply’s needed for departmental use are stocked and available for use (RF batteries, order pickets, etc.)
* In order to meet customer service requirements, associates can be temporarily re-assigned to other warehouse functions.
* Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or the equivalent required.
* Minimum two years merchandise selection experience.
* Knowledge of general warehouse processes and procedures required.
* Knowledge of AS/400 system required.
* Knowledge of RF gun devices required.
* Must obtain MSC license to drive distribution center vehicles within specified time requirements.
* Bending to lift items from the floor and racks required.
* Lifting items between 25 and 50 pounds required.
* Ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet required.
* Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time required.
* Position may require a valid states driver’s license.