Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
ASST BUTLER - PAIZA
Travel Involved: None
Work Schedule: varied
Job Type: On Call
Average Hours per Week: varied
Category: Food and Beverage
The Assistant Butler provides exceptional service to Venetian Casino Resort guests in personal butler, valet and amenity services and assists Venetian Butlers.
· Assist in the service of the suites, Baccarat Salon, VIP Lounge and Paiza Club. Including, but not limited to, food and beverage service, restocking product, equipment and supplies.
· Assist in the service of all food and beverages as outlined in SOPs.
· Be able to respond to guest requests and answer questions about the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino and Las Vegas. When unable to answer take the time to research answer and respond in an appropriate manner.
· Know, adhere to and practice all aspects of Unmatched Service Standards.
· Be able to escort guest from the front of the hotel to the suites and serve the guests as needed including, but not limited to: hotel tour, suite tour, explanation of services, unpacking and packing luggage.
· Perform all services, duties and tasks as defined in SOPs.
· Run suites for dirty dishes and refresh as needed.
· Record all pertinent data into guest profile as needed.
· Attend to laundry, dry cleaning, ironing, mending and shoe polishing as needed.
· Deliver and refresh all amenities.
· Operate micros to standards to order food and beverages.
· Record closed checks to SOPs.
· Clean and maintain work areas to Venetian Resort Hotel Casino standards.
· Run errands as assigned to include, but not limited to: tickets, shopping, food products, deliveries and packages.
· Fulfill guest’s requests as long as they are safe, legal and economically sound.
· Other assignments as necessary.
Minimum Employment Requirements:21 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States, high school Diploma or equivalent. Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English, both in oral and written form. Have interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts. Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards. Maintain consistent adherence to the Venetian and Palazzo Unmatched Guest Service Standards. Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:Minimum 3 years of service experience in a first class hotel, casino, restaurant or related hospitality area.Be able to speak and understand Mandarin dialect Chinese is highly desirable. Basic understanding of food and beverage service skills. Basic understanding of service/hospitality skills. Have all necessary work cards (TAM and Health Card). Available on all shifts as needed. Speak, read and write English clearly. Speak one additional language in addition to English. Excellent professional presentation and grooming. Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data. Ability to understand guest’s service needs. Ability to work cohesively with other team members. Physical ability to access all areas of the property. Must be able to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
Must be able to lift or carry a service tray of up to 25 pounds unassisted. Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives. Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner. Must be able to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness. Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.