Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
This position requires the ability to independently work at a customer site. The candidate must work well with customers and be able to present and conduct himself in a professional manor.
He/she must be technically versed in basic telephony: dial tone lines (POTS) ,PRIs, SIP, VOIP, DS3 and T1 base services, basic data/Internet applications, IAD and router configurations/programming and trouble shooting, house cabling, Cat 5 wiring, and the use of laptop computer and general hand tools and test equipment.
Works under the supervision of the Field Service Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Test and extend circuits from the Mpoe to the customers site or appropriate location
* Install service equipment; Channel Banks, Routers, 66 Blocks, Rj21’s, RJ48’s.
* Test and accept Data applications
* Navigate with use of maps/GPS to find customer locations.
* Good customer service skills: Speaking, handing customer issues.
* Ability to work well with other departments
* Ability to record and write, correctly, events that take place on a service order or repair visit.
* Must be able to work overtime occasionally, must be able to be on/call periodically.
* On repair visits, confirm services requested are installed, operational and working correctly.
Manage vehicle equipment inventory
Manage assigned company vehicle maintenance schedule
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
* High School degree or GED
* Minimum of four (4) years in the field of Telephony working with dial tone and data circuits
* Any equivalent combination of education and experience, with additional experience substituting for the required college level training or a year for year basis.
* Valid drivers’ license
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Basic computer, keyboard and mouse utilization, including various software applications, internal order database management systems, MS Word and MS Excel.
* Fundamental working understanding of voice, data and internet customer application requirements.
* Good analytical and problem solving ability for issue resolution.
* Must be comfortable working in an accountable environment.
* Highly organized, must be able to handle multiple tasks with speed and accuracy.
* Must be capable of prioritizing activities and scheduling to obtain effective results.
* Excellent customer and vendor relationship management skills.
* Must be able to work independently.
* Strong oral, written communication skills.
* Demonstrate the ability to take ownership from introduction to installation.
* Must be open to and be able to manage flexible hours per customer needs.
* Must be able to work week ends (occasionally On/call)
* Must have a clean DMV with a maximum of 3 points
* Mitel certification and/or experience helpful
* CCNA certification and/or 2 years Data installation experience working with Cisco, Nevtel, Adtran, routers, servers, and equipment
* Must be able to drive to various customer locations throughout the work day
8 Must have a clean DMV with a maximum of 3 points on driving record
8 No DUIs within the past 3 years
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; test equipment, calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine.
8 The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
8 While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
8 The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
8 The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
8 The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Keyword: T1, Pots, Installation, SIP, VOIP, DS3
From: TelePacific Communications