Quest Diagnostics Group Lead, Histology (Nights) in Las Vegas, NV in Las Vegas, Nevada
The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Group Lead, Histology (Nights) in Las Vegas, NV.
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday, 3am – 11:30am, Night Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience
- Assists the supervisor or manager in the day-to-day operation of the histology lab on the assigned shift. Helps to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of services provided by the department.
- Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnologist II.
- Perform bench work as needed to ensure timely completion of work.
- Confer with and /or make recommendations to the supervisor concerning the operation of the department including policies, procedures, and equipment applications.
- Provide technical instructions, training and guidance to technicians/technologists, students and lab aides in techniques, instrumentation, and organization of work.
- Assist supervisor in maintaining and troubleshooting equipment/instrumentation.
- Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
- Ensure proper tissue processing.
- Obtain and validate control tissue used in special stains.
- Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and document all quality control activities; has the ability to recognize outliers and correct them.
- Differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing, embedding, cutting and staining of tissue specimens.
- May be required to develop, execute, or validate new procedures.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may affect test performance or reporting of test results and resolve or immediately report to histology supervisor, technical supervisor, or director.
- Assist supervisor with facilitation of departmental training, competency assessments and continuing education. 16. Provide input to the supervisor for employee performance reviews.
- Maintain the daily operation of the shift in the absence of the histology supervisor.
- Assist supervisor with special projects, as assigned.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Education: AA, AS or BS degree or equivalent training and experience
Work Experience: 3-6 years experience as a Histotechnologist or HTL (ASCP)Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician SOP.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email QDJobs@questdiagnostics.com or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation.
Job Title: Group Lead, Histology (Nights) in Las Vegas, NV
Job ID: 3784950
Location: 4230 Burnham Ave
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
City: Las Vegas