NCI Group, Inc. Maintenance Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
|Job ID||2017-6104||# of Openings||1|
|Location||US-NV-Las Vegas||Category||Manufacturing & Industrial|
Metl-Span is a recognized leader in the advancement of insulated metal panel technology, serving the Architectural, Commercial, Industrial and Cold Storage industries with energy efficient and cost effective insulated metal wall and roof panels. For the past forty years, we have not only helped shape our industry; we have set the standard for product design innovations and technology improvements. In order to maintain this focus on quality, we continue to pioneer new research and expand our process capabilities.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing and assisting in the completion of the day-to-day activities, involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery including HVAC, building lighting systems, production lines, security and overall facility appearance. Supervise and coordinate the work of employees who repair and maintain building/facility, equipment and machinery. Oversee engineering, design and installation phases of new equipment, line upgrades, and other capital projects. Create, implement and manage the preventative maintenance program and maintenance work order systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare work schedules, assign work, and oversees the work product (while minimizing overtime and call-in hours).
- Coach, counsel and manage performance of direct reports.
- Develop and maintain Preventive Maintenance Schedule program for applicable equipment and machinery.
- Arrange for and manage, appropriate third-party contractor support, as needed.
- Prepare budgets and secure estimates and cost quotes as needed.
- Enforce sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Manage spare parts inventory.
- Communicate daily with the Plant Manager and internal personnel from Production and Quality Control in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving company goals.
- Understand and comply with the fundamental principles associated with the Quality and Environmental Management System in place at Metl-Span.
- Responsible for engineering, design and modification/installation of existing and/or new (capitol) equipment.
- Manage the work order system designed to establish priority and control over maintenance requests from plant personnel. Ensures that work order requests are completed in a timely fashion.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Must demonstrate mechanical and electrical knowledge and repair abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple complicated priorities/tasks.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, both trouble shooting issues and modifying programs
- Proven track record of identifying root causes
- Exhibit strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to select, interface, and manage all types of mechanical and construction contractors.
- Knowledgeable in all phases of construction and building maintenance.
- Successful completion of an accredited management training program a plus.
- Qualification Requirements:
To perform satisfactorily in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:
B.S. Degree in Engineering OR a minimum of ten (10) years' experience in Industrial Process Engineering and/or Maintenance. Experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirement.
- PLC Control Systems Requirements:
Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience working with PLC controls systems. Must have experience working with Allen Bradley PLC control systems. Must be able to troubleshoot and determine issues within PLC control systems.
- Language Skills:
Ability to read and comprehend documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and simple correspondence. Also, the ability to communicate information (in small group situations) to other employees.
- Mathematical Skills:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, percentages, area, circumference, volume and densities. Also, the ability to apply the concepts of statistics and probability to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions that are furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Also, the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation.
- Other Skills & Abilities:
Must have knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical concept's. Must understand how to read Blue prints, and schematics.
- Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance. Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally performs near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate.
- Safety Responsibilities:
Before initiating work in the plant, the employee is required to read and understand the position's Job Safety Analysis. Employee must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and perform tasks in a manner consistent with NCI and Metl-Span safety training, the NCI Employee Manual and OSHA regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled