Republic Services Office Manager in North Las Vegas, Nevada
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
With a comprehensive understanding of business operations, the Office Manager is responsible for supervising clerical and administrative employees in multiple financial and/or operational functions within a division or business unit. The Office Manager is also responsible for ensuring effective office operations and for overseeing and performing various tasks in conjunction with and to assist the General Manager and/or Division Controller. The Office Manager may also support smaller operations where dedicated functional supervisory resources are not available.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• A comprehensive understanding of business operations, transactions and processes and the ability to determine and implement processes and standards in place to meet performance targets.
• Ability to professionally and cooperatively interact and communicate with the region, area and division leadership team as well as staff and customers to accomplish goals in an effective manner.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully and fully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively coach, mentor and train others to meet performance expectations as described above, as well as, manage performance.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work through others to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Ability to establish processes and procedures to ensure effective department workflow.
• Ability to use MS Office including Word and Excel as well as Company information systems applications including, but not limited, to Lawson, InfoPro, TRUX and ePro.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in office management, employee supervision, operations or accounting/finance.
• Coordinates, directs and supervises the work of office staff. Hires, trains, schedules and performs performance management on relevant staff. Sets performance standards and ensures that the appropriate coverage is in place to meet or exceed service goals.
• Maintains records as required to support compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
• Maintains and addresses facility management needs including, but not limited to office supplies, mail and general building maintenance.
• Evaluates and reviews office production and department performance results with the local leadership team and makes recommendations accordingly where performance falls short of targets. This may include, but is not limited to, participation in cross-functional approaches to issue resolution.
• May supervise and coordinate the effective and timely preparation of the budget, general ledger, monthly invoices, accurate monthly billing adjustments, and other projects.
• Develops and implements processes, procedures and policies to ensure compliance with Republic region, area and corporate policies and efficient office operations. Ensures that the staff follows standard operating procedures, taking the appropriate action when performance does not meet targets and objectives.
• Acts as a resource for others in the approach, research and resolution of complex and/or escalated financial and/or operational questions and discrepancies. This includes providing direction or interacting with customers to resolve issues.
• This position may require travel by car, air and/or other modes of transportation.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in office management, operations, finance/accounting or similarly related function.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.