KRXI Broadcast Engineer in Reno, Nevada
POSITION: Broadcast Engineer for television.
TYPE: Full time regular; days and hours vary.
LOCATION: Reno, NV 89502.
SALARY: $DOE ---
TO APPLY: Please apply online at http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/.---
KRXI/KAME in Reno, NV is seeking a Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks and broadcast transmission equipment. ---
1. - Minimum five (5) years broadcast experience.
2. - Associate's degree (AA) in electronics preferred.
3. - Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
4. - Ability to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person.
5. - Ability to read and understand technical materials.
6. - Ability to lift over 50 lbs, climb ladders, sit, crouch or stand for extended periods of time.
7. - Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines.
8. - Able to concentrate for long periods of time.
9. - Valid drivers license required.
10.- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends and evenings.
11.- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations. ---
1. - Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned.
2. - Maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.) receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems.
3. - Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems.
4. - Provide technical support to operational users.
5. - Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
6. - Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems.
7. - Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices.
8. - Other duties may be assigned. ---
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging contact to web, mobile, and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job posted by an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. This employer does not discriminate on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, disability, handicap, national origin, marital or veteran's status. ---
This job notice expires: 07/29/2017 ---