H20 Enviromental Environmental Waste Specialist in Reno, Nevada
H2O Environmental a 24-hour Spill Emergency Response, Waste Management, Industrial Cleaning (Hydro-blasting, Confined Space Entry, and Tank Cleaning), Bio Clean-ups, and Soil Remediation company is growing and looking for Environmental Waste Specialist to join our team!
Environmental Waste Specialists must have in-depth knowledge and practical experience in RCRA (40CFR) and DOT Hazardous Material (49CFR).
- Coordinate and complete profile information as needed
- Lab Packing, including proper segregation, DOT’s, and characterization and manifesting
- Ability to learn State Specific Regulation for hazardous waste
- Track all manifests, Bill of Ladings, and LDR for waster received, generated and shipped from H2O Boise
- Ensure all waste containers comply with applicable procedures and regulations
- Collect and ship waste samples
- Prepare shipments to disposal facilities
- Follow-up with customer request for services
- Perform job walks for site assessments or price estimates
- Perform inspections of waste collection areas
- Maintain housekeeping of waste collection areas
- Promote communication and coordination between Sales, Operations, Customer Service and Customers
- Manage business expenses, and the timely submission of business expenses
- Must be able to travel and schedule overnight stays approximately 3-6 days throughout the year
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by management
- Degree from four-year accredited college or equivalent environmental related experience
- 3+ years of experience
- Valid Driver License and good driving record
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Maintain or develop knowledge of State and Federal Waste Codes and regulations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Presentation skills, including preparation and delivery
- Excellent customer service skills including writing and phone etiquette
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to take on leadership roles
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
We are a drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing. Subject to pre-employment background checks.
H2O Environmental offers competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K and paid time off.
H2O Environmental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employer participates in E-Verify.
H2O provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.