Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Poker Room Manager in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Believe and demonstrate the GSR Vision and Mission Statement.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete reports, correspondence, review customer credit, complete internal/external transactions, and communicate with guests and fellow employees.
- Knowledge of poker games sufficient to correctly supervise and protect the game.
- Ability to work with interruptions and to perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to deal with customers and co-workers in a tactful and respectful manner.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instruction from Director of Table Games, or higher authority.
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to comply with all employee rules and regulations (property wide rules and regulations) as well as all safety regulations.
- Ability to act independently while analyzing data and drawing conclusions from written and computer generated reports.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to use a computer to complete essential job functions.
- Ability to recognize betting strategies and betting patterns.
- Ability to intercede and diffuse situations involving intoxicated patrons or offensive language situations.
Periodic Job Functions:
- In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions to be determined by the upper management, based upon the particular needs of the Hotel.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance in conformance with standards, which are established by the Hotel, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Ability to remain alert throughout the duration of shift and remain calm in emergency situations.
- Establish weekly work schedules and monitor payroll; complete the payroll process in Kronos.
- Requires mental effort to determine winning/losing wagers, calculate bet payoffs, approve Casino credit, and resolve disputes and employee/customer issues. Complete daily/monthly reports and monitor and maintain an accurate budget for the Poker room operation.
- Must read game layout; wagers, winning/losing wagers, etc., and read computer monitor and reports for extended periods of time.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may have to work extended hours, and during periods of high customer volume.
- Contact Surveillance if questionable transactions have occurred and/or at appropriate win/loss levels.
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of all games in the Poker room, both at the dealer and customer levels.
- Ability to develop Proformas for special Poker events/tournaments.
- Exercise good judgement and control in decision making.
- Interact with co-workers and customers in a professional and polite manner.
- Adhere to all game controls and procedures (as outlined in the department manual) and ensure subordinates comply with same.
- Have good working knowledge of regulation 6-A, ensure compliance of same and complete all related forms correctly.
- Mentally perform mathematical operations quickly and accurately to approve payoffs and verify table win/loss.
- Comply with all State gaming rules and regulations.
- Complete job tasks while sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, or lifting walking from 3-5 miles, or for 100% of shift.
- Aide in stocking, moving, or otherwise organizing equipment and materials used for Poker games, while grasping, lifting and carrying materials that weigh from 1-20 lbs., and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Attend and participate in meetings in order to be informed of new rules, regulations and procedures and to discuss scheduling and/or other concerns of the Hotel and/or department.
- Interact with other operating departments as needed.
Safety & Regulations:
- Provide a safe environment for customers and employees. Report emergencies to proper authorities.
- Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous conditions to supervisor, security, or safety personnel.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest/employee safety in fire/emergency situations.
- Abide by all State, federal and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to alcoholic beverage service to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Abide by all State and corporate regulations pertaining to the presence of minors in gaming areas.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience listed that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Previous dealing/training experience. Previous Management experience. Strong mathematical skills. Strong customer service skills. Strong game protection skills. Computer skills inclusive of excel, word, CMS. Knowledge of poker terminology. Knowledge of statistics and probabilities.
Licenses / Certificates:
- Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certification. (Nevada Gaming Control Board Gaming work Permit)
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 1