Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Supervisor of Pharmacy Technicians
Department: 200211 Pharmacy
Facility: Renown Health
Schedule: Full Time - Eligible for Benefits
Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacy Director this individual is responsible for the oversight of the pharmacy technician staff, overseeing the day-to-day technician work, and to assume a leadership role toward a goal of quality drug distribution and pharmacy services. While performing pharmacy technician duties, this individual will work under the direct supervision of staff pharmacists.
This position does not provide patient care.
Nature and Scope:
Intra-departmental activities, such as inventory ordering and billing procedures, can be done without the direct supervision of the pharmacist. Questions involving medications or therapeutics should be referred to the pharmacist. Good judgment is required when other types of non-clinical information is given by the technician.
This position serves patients of all ages.
The incumbent will be responsible for organizing, coordinating, and implementing training of technicians, including the compilation of recording such activities.
The incumbent will be required to work varying shifts and days to meet the needs of the Department of Pharmacy which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Overtime may be required.
The incumbent is expected to attend on a regular basis staff meetings, including technician meetings, as well as assisting with agenda preparation and planning of technician meetings. This individual may also be required to attend other health system meetings representing the pharmacy.
The incumbent may perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities of the pharmacy technician (includes drug distribution, sterile product preparation, as well as areas of specialization), and competently demonstrates the ability to work in all areas staffed by the technician.
2. Problem solving skills to effectively handle unusual occurrences relative to daily pharmacy activities.
3. Thorough understanding and knowledge of both the inpatient and outpatient pharmacy computer systems as well as other automation devices which include TPN compounder, IV syringe compounder and automation distribution amounts.
4. Demonstrates Interpersonal skills to maintain effective communication with co-workers, other hospital employees, patients and visitors.
5. Working knowledge of Renown Regional Medical Center and specific departmental policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws regarding pharmacy.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Requires the ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Two years college preferred (courses include chemistry, physiology, and algebra). Good math skills, an understanding of basic computer use, and other office equipment.
Minimum 5 years hospital Pharmacy Technician experienced is required. Specialized training is encouraged, and can be enhanced by completion of a recognized Pharmacy Technician training program. Minimum age - 21 years old.
Registered by certificate by the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy.
Preference will be given to applicants who have completed a recognized Pharmacy Technician training program. National certification (CPhT) required.
Computer / Typing:
30 wpm.Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.