Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Urban Outfitters Inc. Distribution Center Reno NV.
Position Title: Supervisor Location: Reno, NV.
Reports To: Operations Mgr. Position Type: Full - Time
Supervisors will work with the Director of Distribution and Operations Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of their area. Supervisors will set priorities, review work standards, and implement methods to enhance workflow by identifying issues and expediting solutions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for maintaining fiscal responsibility within the DC
* Interact with management and cross-functional employees to resolve issues affecting operations
* Communicate and uphold Company policies and procedures
* Conduct start-up meetings, communicate department expectations to all employees
* Ensure that all employees are focused on standards / goals for the department
* Create a positive work environment and develop ownership in department operations with your employees
* Cross-train employees in all departments to build depth
* Review individual performance and attendance
* Train employees on efficient production procedures and methods
* Assist in all other departments as needed
* Housekeeping and Safety
* All other duties assigned by Manager
Knowledge & skills Requirements:
* Excellent verbal / written communication skills
* Leadership: Proven ability to communicate with, support, and motivate employees to achieve operational objectives
* Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a team environment
* Analytical, ability to track, record and report department production
* Able to work with minimal supervision
* Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 to 5 years of supervisory/management experience in an automated distribution or production environment. Familiarity with Warehouse Management system, Radio Frequency and pack-to-light systems desired. Must be flexible to work overtime in a fast-paced environment. This individual will need the ability to excel in a rapid-changing environment, meet deadlines. Be service-oriented, team-oriented, a creative thinker, and exhibit sound judgment. Possess a high level of urgency and attention to detail. Be accountable, reliable and will set the pace of the entire operation. Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills are key for this position, as well as strong planning and organization skills.
We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
The list of Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload or technical development).
Reno, Nevada, United States