Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Flux Manufacturing Operator
Location: Anachemia - US Department/Function: Anachemia
Location City: Sparks Last updated: 2/26/13 3:49 PM
Anachemia, a division of VWR International LLC, is an industry leader for the sale and distribution of chemicals, laboratory supplies and equipment in Canada, the United States, Mexico and Latin America. Anachemia has been providing products and services to the research, environmental, industrial and mining markets since 1942.
This position involves the manufacture and packaging of pre-mixed assay and refining fluxes for sale to the mining and commercial assay laboratory markets.
* Composes and affixes product labels to products
* Operates forklift, hand truck and pallet jack for the safe loading of flux components into the mixer(s) and the safe placement and maneuvering of products within the flux farm area and/or other areas of the main warehouse for shipment.
* Ventilation System Operation: Utilizes ventilation system on hand for the loading and dispensing of product from the flux mixers. Operates compressor for daily blow-down and periodic dumping of particulate collected in the baghouse for recirculation into the flux manufacturing circuit.
* Mixer Loading and Mixing Operation, as per batch sheet instructions.
* Prepares packaging
* Mixer unloading – dispensing
* Palletize and Inventory
* General Warehousing Tasks
* Reports security and/or health and safety infractions or potential infractions in a timely manner and to the appropriate contacts.
* Performs other related tasks that his/her supervisor deems necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
Experience & Skills:
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
* Basic mathematical skills are a must.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Desired but not required.
* Forklift certification required.
* Security Awareness Training required.
* Hazardous Materials Handling training – as required when fulfilling “Warehouse - Shipping & Receiving” duties
Environmental Working Conditions:
* The primary health exposure when working in flux manufacturing is related to dust. In addition to proper use of ventilation equipment, those employees who work in flux manufacturing are required to wear a PAPR-type respirator, Tyvek coveralls, and latex gloves. Arm-length rubber gloves are also worn over the latex gloves for further protection.
* Each employee will be trained in all aspects of proper respirator usage, cleaning, storage, and maintenance.
* Every flux-manufacturing employee is required to participate in a company-sponsored medical surveillance program. This program involves an annual physical examination by an occupational medicine physician, as well as quarterly blood tests to monitor blood lead levels.
We value diversity in the workplace and are committed to Employment Equity. In support of our Employment Equity initiatives, women, individuals who consider themselves to be visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.