Sierra Nevada Corporation Technical Writer III in Sparks, Nevada
An SNC technical writer develops documentation to support engineering and business organizations. This includes preparing CDRLs, editing proposal and white paper content, reviewing technical documentation to verify compliance, and adherence to established requirements and standards. Additional responsibilities include preparing manuals, training documentation, and procedures, and formatting business and technical documents for publication.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Plan and participate in Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) preparation, software version descriptions, test plans and procedures, and technical manuals.
- Review, edit, and format business proposals, product management documents, RFP responses, marketing communications, and other organizational documents as requested.
- Prepare documentation with minimal input (written or verbal) from subject matter experts, such as design engineers and program managers, to prepare initial drafts and templates.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of product and documentation requirements. Verify content meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and meet all documentation deliverable deadlines. Track shifting priorities and confidently work autonomously.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Create and maintain documentation templates, layout guides, and graphics resources.
- Support internal technical reference documentation, including data libraries, training material, process/procedure guides, including classroom instruction as required.
- Create tutorials, training documentation and procedures, generate/review user interface text, perform ad hoc product testing, and review product descriptions while researching and documenting new/updated features.
- Fast-paced team environment, multiple/conflicting deadlines, dealing with ambiguity, rapid critical thinking and priority analysis with organizational/programmatic impact.
- Support Systems Engineering groups with requirements tracking (using DOORS)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education. 6+ Years Exp
- Experience in business and technical writing, engineering research and development, product compliance and/or support, document control, white paper research, marketing, proposal development and/or similar.
- Expert at MS Office and Adobe Acrobat Professional skills.
- Professional experience in DOD contracting or similarly regulated industry (FAA, FDA, gaming, etc. )
- Strong investigative/research/interview skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Document layout/design and template creation experience.
- Experience generating block diagrams and process/procedure documentation based on procedural input and conceptual direction.
- Requirements tracking, data lists, and product structure/BOM in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Basic familiarity of the software development lifecycle, bug/case tracking software and procedures, version control, and enterprise-level collaboration tools.
- Experience/ in image capture, cropping, and placement using SnagIt or similar tools and graphics software (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Background or experience with MadCap Flare (Preferred)
Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC's Responsibility Matrix.
Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be required.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Vet