Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Zappos Merchandising, Inc. is looking for a Merchandise Planning Analyst!
Why join us? Our unique culture has made Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For 5 years straight. Find out why:http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies/
Why else?We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k!
And . . . we're hiring like crazy right now and looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class and fairly wacky team.
Oh, and one more thing! Cover letters are cool, but do you know what’s even cooler?! Show us who you are with a cover letter VIDEO! You will be able to upload one when applying for this position. (Video cover letters are not required, but if you wanna do one, we wanna see it!)
Work closely with Zappos Merchandising to achieve optimal inventory levels, drive sales and profitability. Evaluate and make recommendations on buyers’ brand/supplier plans. Assess for reasonability, opportunity, and risk.
Merchandise Planner responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
* Help build, reconcile and align sales and inventory plans to achieve financial objectives
* Prepare and update monthly open-to-buy forecasts
* Maximize sales, turn and profitability
* Help assess and identify brand opportunities
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with members of cross-functional teams
* Collaborate with team to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge
* Assist in planning/forecasting markdown activity.Required Skills:
* 5+ years of professional experience
* 2+ years experience in retail planning and analysis
* Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
* Excellent logical analysis and problem-solving and decision making skills
* Ability to be agile and thrive in a fast paced environment
* Strong planning and organizational skills
* Experience in Excel other Microsoft Applications Outlook, Powerpoint and Word
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
* E-commerce experience strongly preferredZappos Merchandising, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.