Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Development - Quality Assurance:
Senior Manager - Quality Assurance
Zappos.com, Inc. is looking for aSenior Manager of Quality Assurance!
Why join us? Our unique culture has made Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For 5 years straight. Find out why:http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies/
Why else?We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k!
And . . . we're hiring like crazy right now and looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class and fairly wacky team.
Oh, and one more thing! Cover letters are cool, but do you know what’s even cooler?! Show us who you are with a cover letter VIDEO! You will be able to upload one when applying for this position. (Video cover letters are not required, but if you wanna do one, we wanna see it!)
The Senior Manager of Quality Assurance manages the teams responsible for quality assurance testing, test automation and performance testing for the technology group at Zappos to ensure quality deployments while balancing risk with time to production.
This person will be responsible for working closely with the rest of technology to define and sustain a Quality Assurance vision that incorporates quality assurance standards, performance testing approaches, and automation strategies and frameworks. This person must be flexible in testing approach for the fast-moving, lean/agile environment in the tech department at Zappos. Most importantly this person must have a desire to build a strong team that works well together, delivers quality results, and has a smile through it all.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work with the QA team to define and execute on a vision around agile testing methodologies and progressive QA best practices to ensure high quality deployments in suitable timeframes
* Work with the automation manager to further develop the test automation tool suite and automation testing plan for web, mobile and back-office systems
* Define, standardize and apply the QA strategy for product teams while remaining flexible to individual team needs
* Define and drive performance testing for the technology department focused on maintaining uptime percentages and keeping down latency for internal and external systems
* Build strong relationships with business and technology members to understand the needs for the QA department and tools
* Assure timely completion of testing for projects as well as comprehensive bug tracking and reporting
* Measure and report on quality assurance metrics on a regular basis
* Identify a strategy for maintaining consistent QA environments providing as much up time for testing as possible; experience in using Amazon Web Services is a plus
* Provide leadership, technical expertise and career development for QA managers and individual QA contributors on the team
* Uphold the importance of Zappos Family core values and culture by leading team building events and building strong communication amongst QA team membersSkills and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
* 5 years minimum Management or other equivalent leadership experience
* 8+ years experience in Quality Assurance or comparable development experience
* Experience with QA tools for test automation and performance testing including JUnit, Selenium 2.0, Mobile automation testing tools, and JMeter
* Agile or lean experience a plus
* Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
* Experience using Amazon Web Services to run QA environments virtually
* Ability to develop and maintain strong, effective relationships across the organization
* Ability to find solutions that do not follow a conventional QA approaches
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are criticalZappos IP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.